Finally picked up my new TomTom Go 730T yesterday. And immediately failed to get the mobile traffic service setup. After much searching on the intarwebs and calling t-mobile problem is solved! Yay!
Problem seems to be that TomTom’s preset for T-Mobile (UK) is just plain wrong. I now have this working fine with my HTC Touch Diamond – but any phone with bluetooth and gprs that is able to browse the internets should work fine.
- Navigate to “TomTom Traffic” from the Main Menu
- When it asks to setup wireless data service click Yes
- Rather than select a phone I went for “Other”
- Select country (UK)
- Select operator (T-Mobile Contract)
- It will now faff about trying to connect. At about 60% I see activity on the phone indicating its trying to use GPRS, it then gets to 65% and sits there for an eternity
- Eventually it says it failed, options are “Other” or “Manual” select Manual
- Username should be correct: user
- Password is wrong, it should be: pass
- DHCP should be automatic
- DNS should be automatic
- Number to dial is wrong, it should be *99#
- Dial string should be correct: at+cgdcont=1,”IP”,”general.t-mobile.uk”
- Ok that bad boy and with any luck it will manage to connect
If you’re still having problems, double check you can browse the internet from your phone; double check bluetooth is working between phone & TomTom. The above worked for me, your mileage may vary.