Last night was the second London Software Craftsmanship round table. This was a great session with lots of lively discussion. We seemed to cover a wide variety of topics and I came away with loads of things I need to follow up on.
It’s amazing, as soon as you start discussing things with other developers you pick up on lots of different ideas, tools and technologies you’d not previously explored. These sessions are proving to be a great way to find out some of the cool stuff people are doing. So what did we discuss?
- Literate programming
- Creating DSLs in Java
- BDD (EasyB, JBehave and Narrative all got a mention)
- TDD: Growing object oriented software and JMock vs Mockito
- JUnit theories
- Tips for working in a distributed agile team
- Including the importance of relationships; daily phone calls across team; leaving a skype channel open
- Shared editing in Eclipse
- Anemic domain model vs CQRS
- Can DDD lead to design anti-patterns? Is TDD better?
- Spring Roo
*phew* I think that covers it. If I missed anything, let me know below.
So, are you coming to the next one? What should we discuss?